Saturday, June 14, 2008

Carmyn's speedy arrival!

I'm a little late at posting all this info- but it's a fun story so I thought I'd add it in. Carmyn was born on April 10th which was 3 weeks earlier than her due date on April 30th. I woke up early that morning with some pretty good contractions, but I just figured that they were Braxton Hicks because I had worked 10 hrs the day before. So I decided to go to lunch with my friend Lesley and then we ran a couple of errands while we were out. First we went to Walmart and by then my contractions were a steady 10 minutes apart ( Lesley was timing them because she was a lot more worried about it than I was). Next we decided to run out to Target. We barely made it to the baby department and you guessed it- MY WATER BROKE- right there at Target!! I know that's every woman's fear and of coarse it had to happen to me! So we rushed out to Lesley's car and luckily she had an emergency blanket in the trunk- or I'm pretty sure her husband would have made me buy a new seat. Chad had actually come home early from work that day to take a test for school so I told Lesley to just take me home and Chad could take me to the hospital- BAD idea! I was pretty new to this whole labor thing so I didn't realize how bad your contractions get pretty quick after your water breaks. By the time I got to the hospital my contractions were 3 minutes apart and I was hurting pretty bad. The walk up to Labor and Delivery was pretty painful- and yes it looked like I had peed my pants! So I was dialated to a 7 by the time I got there and 6 hours later ( after pushing for 2 hrs) she was here!! 6 lbs 11 oz, 19.5 inches. We fell in love with her immediately!!

2 comments:

mrs. jar said...

Ok, so I am really sorry that I have commented on every post, but I just have to say that that is one of the most gorgeous post-labor pictures I have ever seen. You look absolutely beautiful! Little Carmyn is beautiful as well. She definitely takes after her mommy. I can't wait to meet her. She sounds like she likes to make quite the entrance! I hope the epidural helped. You did get one, right?

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new baby! I don't know if you remember me from high school. I came across your blog on Sarah's. I just had to say your little family is SO CUTE and it is fun seeing what you have been up to :)