Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas is here!!

Time once again for family Christmas pictures.
I'm not sure why, but every year I end up doing family pictures around Christmas time. I guess it's just fun to pull out old pictures and say
"Oh look how cute you looked on your first or third Christmas!"
Paige 7 months

Carmyn 2 1/2 years

The top two pictures were my favorites of the girls.
The rest of the photo session turned out kinda like this:




Man it's hard to smile for pictures sometimes!
Carmyn is so excited for Christmas this year! She keeps talking about how she is going to open her presents on Christmas and she can't wait! I think she is pretty confused with the whole concept of it all though. We keep talking about Santa, reindeer, baby Jesus, wisemen, Christmas tree's, stockings, the notty list, giving, the manger, etc.... You can see the wheels spinning in her head but it's not all coming together just yet. She just sticks to the fact that she gets to open her presents on Christmas and that keeps her happy :) - How do you explain to your 2 year old that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus but this guy named Santa comes to your house at night and leaves you presents if you are good? - Seriously- that's gotta be confusing!


5 comments:

sarah and jeremy said...

Your girls are adorable! Your little one is getting so big. We are totally wearing the same shirt, and I was wearing mine for our family pics too, lol. We must have good taste!

Blake and Leslie said...

Cute girls! I love the pictures where they are sad and have funny looks on their faces! Those will be your favorites when they are older!

Jen R. said...

we told adelyn about how the wise men gave presents to baby jesus for the first christmas and so now santa brings presents to all the good boys and girls to help them remember baby jesus!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

They are growing so fast!!! I can't believe you guys are gone, I haven't even said bye yet to you!!! We will have to meet up one of these times. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Okay, those pictures of the girls are soooooooo cute. I LOVE the ones of them crying, even though I'm sure they weren't exactly what you were going for, they are so adorable! We miss you guys!! Make sure you call me when the house sells and you guys come back to KC. If you can squeeze us in, we'd love to go to dinner or something. In fact... how IS it going selling the house? I know the market's bad. I'll keep you in my prayers!! Luv ya girlie!!