Thursday, January 22, 2009

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

We are moving!

Chad got a great job offer with a company called Sonic Innovations, they make and sale the latest technology in hearing aide's. He is going to be the regional sales manager in .......... drum roll......... Kansas City, Missouri! Ok- I know - not my first choice of places to live- but it's a great offer that we can't refuse. The more we learn about Kansas City the more excited we are getting to move there: It's the Bar-b-que capital of the nation (KC masterpiece), church history central, Pretty cool looking malls, great water ski lakes, The Chiefs/Royals/and Wizards, and who knows..... maybe we'll find the wizard of OZ! :) He starts on Feb. 3rd, does 3 weeks of training, then the company is going to fly us out there twice to do some house hunting, and we will load up the UHAUL and move the first week of March. CRAZY- I know! It all happened so fast. He just got the job offer this week so they are definitely not wasting any time. The company offered Chad a great Salary, plus commissions, a new vehicle of our choice, gas reimbersment, full benefits package, a spending account, a cell phone, and a computer. Chad is pretty excited since he has been working in the family excavation business for the past 12 years with absolutely no benefits, and unwanted mandatory overtime every week. I am excited because I get to stay home with Carmyn and be a mom! ( I'm worried that I might go a little nuts though) - So there ya have it. Our whole world is turning upside down in a matter of weeks- I'm just going to hold on and enjoy the ride!

11 comments:

Heather K said...

Holy Cow! No way! My in laws live just oustide of St. Louis, in St. Peters, MO. My aunt & uncle live in Platte City, MO. Do you know excatly what city you'll be looking @ living.
That's so exciting, but so sudden & sad at the same time. :( When will you be going? Are you selling your house? My sis is actually looking in your area. Send me some info if you are.;)
Congrats! I'd love to see you before you go!!! :(

Meg said...

Do our daughter still get to be friends? Oh we will keep in touch no matter how far away you move.
I miss you already! Booo hooo hoo!
Call me, and soon.
Meg

Anonymous said...

That is so so exciting! You guys will have tons of fun! You better keep in touch! Adam said Chad is excited! So good luch to you!

Joel and Tera said...

Congrats!!! I'm so bummed. That is way exciting for you guys, what an adventure. I wish we hung out more esp since we will both have little girls soon. Do you know that is where Michelle Brown lives? Do you have her number to look her up? Let me know if you want to contact her. Good luck with everything. I'm glad you have a blog so we know whats going on.

HeiDi SpeNdLoVe said...

Wow! That is so exciting! I am glad that you will be able to spend more time at home. My bro-in-law, Scott, lives in Kansas City, MO & they love it and we have been there to visit too. Downtown KC is really neat. Good luck with everything! We'll miss you here!

mommy princess said...

What an awesome adventure! I have to admit there are times that I wish we could pack it all up and see what it's like away from good ol' Hurricane. Don't get me wrong I really love it here. I just don't want to be one of those people that lives in the same town for the rest of their lives. I guess there can be some advantages to this, but moving away can also open your eyes to so many new people and things. You just have to promise to keep up on your blog so I can see little carmyn growing and see what you're up to. Make sure to post about all your fabulous adventures so I can live vicariously through you. lol
How's your mom doing with all this? Should I mail her some tissues? Poor Lady. Congrats on such a great offer so fast. Hey something I just thought of. If there ever really is an exodus back to MO. You'll be ahead of us all. It'll save you a long trip. lol Good luck with the house hunting. Take pics!

Unknown said...

Wow, congrats!! That sounds so exciting and that is so great on the quick job offer. You have to promise to blog so we can all keep up with you and all your many adventures with your cute fam!! Keep us updated on the move and house hunting.

Anonymous said...

I'm conflicted. I want to wish you guys all the luck and happiness you can wring out of this move. But at the same time? What the crap? I'm going to miss you guys. *sniff*

Good thing for technology, though. At least we'll be able to say, "Hi!" virtually.

Big hugs to you as you work through all the annoying details of a move. We love you guys.

Bloxham family said...

Well I'm excited for you both. I hope everything goes well for you. I bet your parents are going to be so sad now that both of their grandkids will be out of state. Well we should get together before you leave.
Love ya,
Jodie

The Alands said...

That is exciting Amber! My brother went to medical school in Kansas City and they loved it.

Blake and Leslie said...

Congrats!! That is awesome about the job offer! I think it will be a great adventure for you! Living somewhere completely different. That's fast though, wow!! Good luck with everything! I'll be excited to see how things go for you!