Thursday, February 5, 2009

The moving plans are….....coming along

AMBER’S list of priorities for moving across the country:

  • 1st and most important- sell our house
  • Call realtor- get house on the market
  • Keep house completely spotless in case people are coming through
  • Go through all closets and de-junk
  • Sell furniture that I don’t really care about on KSL- the less we have to move the better!
  • Answer continuous phone calls from realtor and people wanting to buy my stuff on KSL
  • Put Chad’s old run around car up for sale since he’ll be getting a new one soon
  • Get the car detailed/check the brakes/check the tires
  • Continue to work 24hrs a week at the hospital so we have insurance until we move
  • Check into Chad’s new jobs insurance plans- pick the best one for the family
  • Don’t forget to take video of Carmyn trying to learn to walk- these are important milestones that you don’t want to forget!
  • Oh and Hooch needs to go on walks to get her energy out- she doesn’t get to go to work with Chad anymore- nope- I get the pleasure of watching Hooch all day J
  • Next- find a realtor in Kansas City!
  • Take every free min. to check the internet for homes in Kansas City
  • Research what area’s are safe to live in
  • Find members of the church in area’s we are interested in- contact them!
  • Go to the gym- you’re not spending enough time for yourself- get a babysitter to go the the gym.
  • Chad needs a new suit, and ties, and shirts, and shoes- no he did not have to look nice to do construction- man it’s expensive to dress nice!
  • Spend as much time as possible with my family! I’m so going to miss them!
  • Look into rental houses in Kansas City- in case we don’t find a house we want to buy
  • Look into uhauls vs. pods vs. craming all our stuff into Chad’s dads huge enclosed snowmobile trailer and praying we make it to Missouri without loosing anything.
  • Eat up all of our food storage so we don’t have to pack it across the country.
  • Check out the weather in Missouri- Hmmm currently experiencing ICE STORMS- the governor has declared it a state of emergency because they have no power and people are freezing to death- that’s welcoming!
  • Try to look for the positive in all of this change- It will be a good experience and it will set Chad up for a great career for the rest of our lives, and I’m sure we will meet great people and find lots of fun things to do while we are there J

CHADS list of priorities for moving across the country:

  • Snowmobile as often as possible before we move because there are no mountains in Missouri
  • Contact the owners of competition water ski lakes in Kansas City- If we can get a membership there- then we just move to the closest city and live there!
  • Well that sums it up- I don’t think there is really anything else to worry about.

So as you can see the moving plans are coming along quite well!

I’ve learned that for some reason women take it upon themselves to worry and stress about every little detail of life- and men take it upon themselves to enjoy the details of life! That’s why men and women are meant to be together. I guess we balance each other out. I definitely love my husband- he keeps me pretty grounded!

8 comments:

Meg said...

Oh my gosh! That looks like a huge mountain climb, and you will accomplish it all! I didnt know you were such a list person (I AM!!) Please contact my sister and she can give you some local contacts.
I will miss you. Please come and visit us before you go.
XOXOX, Meg

Ashley and Mikkel said...

wow busy girl. i would be flipping out cause thats what i do when i am stressed and have a lot to do! good luck.

curtandheather said...

Wow, what a list. But I am sure I would be the same way :) You have so much to do and Curt would be the same as Chad, few items on the list and laid back. Good luck with everything....what an adventure :)

Heather K said...

Sounds way to familiar to me! I'm sure you feel overwhelmed. What areas of Kansas City are you looking at? Anyone interested in your house? Good luck! Let me know if you need anything. :(

Kristin said...

Isn't moving fun? This is where women really shine and men...well, they help a little. :) Just kidding, I'm sure Chad will help out a ton with your to-do list. Husbands hate it when their wives are stressed out even more than we hate being stressed!

Aaron & Rachel Mason said...

Well Amber- you and I can bond over this one! Aaron has been to the ski lake in Az and mad a list of all of the motorcycle rides in our new area. I however have researched and applied for jobs, mapped the distance from the ski lake to our house vs. to the hospital (22 miles to work (for me) 2 miles to lake). The joys of having lake obsessed husbands!! Hooked on a 6 buoy ride!

Anonymous said...

Man you got a lot to do! Chad's list is a little smallish! We need to hang out before you guys leave! If you need a babysitter I am game! I love babies

mommy princess said...

Good luck with your list. Just take it one day at a time. Sometimes it helps to have get a blank calendar and make little due dates for yourself on the really important stuff. This helps me not procrastinate and keep track of what needs to be done first. Maybe you should give Chad a few extra jobs. I'm sure he'll be able to squeeze them in between trying on new clothes and worrying about water skiing lol.