Friday, March 20, 2009

Our new 24 foot home


We did it- we packed our whole house into this 24 foot moving truck! It took us two days to pack it up and now we are off to Kansas City. Chad and I are driving this fine ride out there all day Friday and hopefully arriving Saturday morning ( just one day later than planned- not to bad). The Grandma's are taking turns watching Carmyn for the weekend because I was pretty sure she wasn't going to dig on 20 hrs in her carseat. Then I am going to fly back to Utah on Tuesday to get her. I'm actually going to be staying for another two weeks when I fly back. Chad and I found a nice apartment that we are renting out there for three months until we get our bearings about us ( and until we our house in Utah sells ). We have so much stuff that half of it is going in the apartment and the other half is going in a storage unit. Yes, we are going to utilize the help of the ward members when we get there. There is no way we can unload this whole moving truck by ourselves ( I'm sure they're going to love us when we pull up in this baby!) So there ya have it- our next adventure begins..... I'm excited, sad, scared to death, but confident that we are doing the right thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of our wonderful friends and family. You have been such a great support to us. I know we wouldn't be where we are today without your love and influence. We will miss everyone so much, but we will hold our great memories dear to our hearts.
"If there were ever a time to dare, to make a difference, to embark on something worth doing, it is now. Not for any grand cause, necessarily, but for something that tugs at your heart, something that's your aspiration, something that's your dream. You owe it to yourself to make your days here count. Have fun. Dig deep. Stretch. Dream big."
Stay tunned for pictures of the beautiful rolling hills of Missouri....

6 comments:

Meg said...

oh Amber! I am so excited for you and Chad and I feel really lucky that we got to befriends!. I really liked the quote at the bottom of the post...the part about doing something because it tugs at your heart or is something you aspire to do....perfect and so true! I can't wait to hear about it. I will keep you posted on when I will be coming out to St. Lious. Good luck! Love ya-
Meg

Heather K said...

Good luck guys! I was actually thinking about you yesterday. Hopefully the drive goes well. :)

Meg said...

And I updated with new footage of Miss Maria for you. And I do know that you are moving to KC not St.L...but my sis lives in St.Lious...Let me know if Chad has a specific time/date that he goes that way and hopefully we can work it out to meet up.
Meg (again)

TK said...

What an adventure that is a 24 foot home :) That is so great we are so excited for you guys and will keep in touch. The best of luck and I am sure you will find great things in Kansas like Utah :) maybe not mountains but something else good. Enjoy!

Emily Harkness said...

Amber, I would LOVE to take some pictures of Carmyn before you move for good. Let me know when is good for you and what you'd like. Just e-mail me (emilyharknessphotography@gmail.com) and we can set it up. Besides, it would be a great excuse to get together one more time before you go!

Anonymous said...

Just know that you are in our prayers as you guys embark on your adventures. It's so hard to find the words to say, the ones that will tell you exactly how deeply we mean it, "Good luck!" and "We'll miss you!" when you guys mean so much to us and.