Friday, July 17, 2009

Run for your life

I guess when all you can see is miles and miles of rolling hills......you run.
I'd much rather be on a bike or a ski. But I'm finding out that running is a lot harder than I gave it credit for. My friend Angela asked me if I wanted to run in the mornings with her so she could train for this half marathon. After a couple of morning runs, I decided I should just sign up too so I could make these early mornings worth it! It's not until October so we keep telling ourselves that we have plenty of time to prepare. I know that many of you fellow bloggers out there are seasoned runners/marathoners-so if you have any advice for me- I'm all ears! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
curtandheather said...

Oh you will fall in love with it. Just keep up the hard steady work and it will pay off. I started running and now year later....6 miles every other. Sounds crazy and so far in the distance but you can do it. You will be in love :) LOVE IT. I am doing the st. george marathon this year....we will see...I think I am crazy, curt is doing it with me. By the way got a job offer in vegas Surgical ICU....I am so excited :)

Meg said...

Just enjoy the time, listen to some good tunes and have fun. I liked to run in places where I could hear the leaves blow, or the birds, etc...then I would just listen to that. Im excited for you. I just ran my first 1/2 in May and really enjoyed it. You will do great!

Kristin said...

This sounds like a lot of fun! I'm excited for you. My training plan was for 4 months and I ran 3 times a week (1 hard run, 1 easy one, 1 long run). It worked out great because I never felt exhausted or overwhelmed. Whatever you choose to do - it'll be perfect for you. Good luck!