Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! I love getting together with family and I LOVE all the food. Chad and I are lucky because both of our moms make amazing Thanksgiving dinner feasts. We never have to have an "off" year of not so good food ;). This year we spent Thanksgiving with the Horne's at their family cabin at Causey Estates. The food was amazing and it is such a fun relaxing getaway to go to the cabin.
We always get to celebrate my little bro and Chads little sis's B-day's right before the holiday too. This year I was thinking - "man I'm glad I'm not having a baby right before the holidays- that would totally stress me out"- no offense to those of you about to deliver as we speak!(Megan).
Chad took the guys in the family rabbit hunting ( bunny blasting ) on Saturday, and I spent my day shopping with my mom. I finally got a haircut- I don't dare go to anyone new out here- who knows what kind of doo I could end up with!
Last but not least- Chad and I got to go to two movies together without Carmyn, and free babysitters too- something we don't get to do in Missouri!
It was a great Thanksgiving!!


Dusty's B-day at the Olive Garden

Carmyn helping with her uncles gifts


The Hornes amazing Cabin! I love it!

Eating snow
Carmyns First sledding adventures

Then Chad decided to give her more of a thrill ride with Hooch

Sledding wars with the girls!
I won :)







3 comments:

Jen R. said...

Hey! I finally found your blog from your facebook page. Glad you had a happy thanksgiving! We seriously need to have a playdate one of these days

Heather K said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! Let me know when you guys come in town.
Cute family pics btw. :)

HeiDi SpeNdLoVe said...

What a fun Thanksgiving. Congrats on the new babe! So exciting. BTW, my sister-in-law that lives there does hair if you ever need someone close. I can't remember the name of her salon but I can get you the info if you ever need it and she does a great job.