Sunday, January 15, 2012

just a normal day

So I haven't been doing anything too blogworthy lately because I have three kids- a new baby, an emotional toddler, and a hyperactive preschooler- and I only have two hands. I would really like to clone myself so that I could accomplish everything that needs to get done in a day, but that's not an option so this is my life right now. My laundry is never done, I change approximately 15 diapers a day, I wipe bums, noses, hands, faces, and tears constantly. I get one meal cleaned up and it's already time to make the next one. My sippycup and bottle supply fills the dishwasher everynight. My clothes always have spit up and sticky finger stains on them. and I'm pretty sure my resting heart rate is somewhere around 130 bpm at all times because I never stop running. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I laugh, today I took pictures of my cute kids and tried to cherish the moments so I could look back and laugh one day :)



THE ROUTINE:



My bed is the first place the kids end up in the morning.



Usually it turns into a trampoline and then a pillow fight starts which commonly ends in tears and is the main reason I don't make my bed- what's the point?



Then breakfast-

Carmyns favorite is pancakes with peanut butter and "LOTS" of syrup!

Paige usually just wants cereal.


after breakfast paige starts to undress.

I cannot keep clothes on this little girl to save my life.

Then she goes through every cubbard/drawer that she can get into and unloads ( if this was my house I would have child locks on everything- but it's not my house and we are just here temporarily so i just follow her and load it all back up :))



Carmyn gets into a princess dress-up, sits in front of the mirror and puts her make-up on and
brushes her hair.
Then she goes through all of my scarves and wears them while she dances and sings Areal songs from The Little Mermaid.
Then she repeats the process with a different dress and a different scarf.
At some point she usually breaks down crying while she is singing because she just doesn't understand why king Tritan is so mean to Areal when he finds her cavern full of treasures, and why the sea witch took her voice away!- Man- who knew these disney movies could be so emotionally draining on a 3 year old!

Meanwhile, Paige has completely unclothed and successfully pulled the cereal off the counter and is helping herself to a midmorning snack. There is cereal trails all over the house by now. Carmyn joins in.

She is proud that I'm taking a picture and laughing instead of taking the cereal away.



and sweet baby Asher is trying to take a nap in the front pack while I do dishes, laundry, and pick up after Paige.
I am still in my sweats and haven't looked in the mirror yet so no I will not be posting a picture of myself.

Chad wakes up at 4:30 am to hit the gym before work and is half way done with his work day at this point.


Now it's nap time- phew! :)


No my kids aren't in designer clothes with perfect hair at all times. I'm usually a good 30 minutes late whenever I make an attempt to go anywhere. But life is good. We have each other, we have a knowledge of Gods eternal plan and I know that my family is forever. I couldn't ask for anything better! ( ok ok- I'd take a maid and Mary Poppins and trip to Hawaii )


and for the record:

I went to college for six years. I've been an ER/OR/Oncology/and Pediatric nurse. I fought thyroid cancer for four years when I was a teenager. None of it even compares to how emotionally draining/heart wrenching/and completely rewarding it is to be a mother.



MOMS ROCK




10 comments:

Meg said...

I just love you! I love this post!
I've been up since 4 at 40+ weeks prego...can't sleep -for a million reasons. Your post reminded me of what is important and to focus on it.
I miss you sweet Amber. You are doing to SUPER job and you are BEAUTIFUL, so it doesn't matter if you are running around in sweats or not!
Take care, you smart, driven, fun, hardworking, loving and kind, hot Momma of 3 (and dashing wife too)!!!

Megan Davis said...

This is seriously the best post ever! I love how honest it is. It's nice to read a blog where someone doesn't make their bed every morning and has a "normal" life and isn't perfect. I'm always late, laundry is never done,my bed is NEVER made and I don't have time to "get my craft on". But... I'm very happy!
Thanks for the fun post!

Kristin said...

Isn't it crazy what we go through?! Ha ha. I love that you followed the kids around with a camera; such a great way to capture your everyday memories. Love to those three little cuties!

Emily Harkness said...

Well said. A perfect picture of what it is like being a mom of little ones! I love Carmyn,s little personality. She's a crack up! She and Mylie should get together and put on a princess concert.

Erin said...

Darling kids Amber!
Seriously, such a good post!
A good reminder that being a mom is very challenging, but nothing is more rewarding :)

Michelle said...

Amber you rock! I can tell you are doing an awesome job with your kidos. Being a mom is truly a roller coaster...luckily, roller coasters are super fun! Thanks for reminding me to enjoy the ride!

Darci said...

I love that first picture- your kids are so freaking adorable. Carmyn cracks me up! You are amazing- I know how going to 3 kids is and I seriously don't even remember half of the first 6 months...but soon it will be sunny and we will be swimming every day (and making our husbands jealous) so hang in there!

Lou Lou said...

Aw, I miss you Amber!! I love this post. You are such a great mama! I can't believe how big the girls are and Asher is so darling!

Kimberly said...

Hey Amber, it looks like you guys are doing great and I love all your cute pictures. I'm happy to hear you get to see my Dad. I'm sure your house is going to be amazing because I know how awesome my Dad is. I can't wait until he can help us with a house one day. I think one of Jesse's sisters lives out by where you are building, I wonder if you will be in her ward. (wait- it's Utah, probably not :)) Keep in touch, and hopefully we'll be able to hang out again one day!

Tiffany said...

It's nice to hear that other people feel this same way too! Your kids are SO cute, I wish we could play together. And come on, I've seen you in stretchy pants and no make up and you look great. It's going to get better, right? The older the kids get the easier it is, right? RIGHT?