Friday, April 10, 2009

Birthday #1

The day has come- she finally turned ONE! I've probably gone way overboard on the events leading up to this day- but hey- she's my first- give me a break! Today Chad and I celebrated the whole day. We made banana pancakes with peanut butter for breakfast, vegemite toast and cooked carrots for lunch, and easy mac for dinner- these are all Carmyn's favorites! She took two long naps (probably because she ate so much), then unloaded all cupboard she could get into in the kitchen so she could sit in them (I usually don't let her do that), and chased her daddy around the ottoman and danced to some music. Then we were off to Build-a-Bear! She made a ballerina lamb named Bella (ok so I made it for her). Then home for cupcakes that Dad made! We had a great day together. Here are some fun things to remember on Carmyns 1st birthday:
She weighs 20 lbs
She has her two bottom teeth, and her two top teeth just cut through
She started walking a week ago (she's been trying since Feb.)
She loves to talk on the phone, and she dances whenever it rings
Fav. foods: toast, vegemite, mac and cheese, carrotts, string cheese, bran muffins, juice, peanut butter, bananas, apples, grapes, pasta
least fav foods: peaches, whole milk (hmmm that one is gunna be rough), lemons (mean I know)
She does three signs consistently: milk, more, and dog ( we've been slacking on teaching her more signs)
She says: Mama, Dada, Hooch, and Hi
She waves at everyone, claps her hands, does wheels on the bus, gives loves, spits, laughs, drinks her bath water, and hides when she poops :)
She usually sleeps from 9:00pm to 8:00am and wakes up around 4 am to cry for a little while.

She has brought so much joy and fulfillment to our lives. We can't even emagine life without her. I have never felt a stronger purpose in life than I do now that I am a mother. We are so thankful for this sweet little spirit that has joined our family this past year!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy 1st Birthday, to Carmyn!

mrs. jar said...

What a cute little bean you have on your hands! I cannot believe she is one already! Wow! I hope you guys are doing well in KC. I feel bad that we didn't get to see more of each other while you were here. She is so cute, Amber. Happy 1st Birthday to Carmyn and to you!

Heather K said...

What a sweet little birthday girl. I can't believe she's one. Time goes by too fast. I hope she had a wonderful day.
What's the town you're living in? I hope everything is well.

Meg said...

To think about a whole year! Whoa! I cant believe it! She is such a cutie and you are a super Mom! I miss you so much already. I am so glad you are gettin some quality family time. You guys will do GREAT!
xoxo, meg

Kristin said...

What a fun birthday! She has grown so much in the past year and developed into such a sweet little girl. Happy Birthday Carmyn!