Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More updates....

We sold our house in Utah!! Yeah- no more stress for me! We are closing on the 21st of this month so lets all just keep our fingers crossed that nothing bad happens between now and then. Unfortunately, we had to sell the house during the crappiest housing market ever- so we didn't come out too well, but we do feel very lucky to have it sold. On the flip side- now we are busily looking for homes to buy in Kansas City. Because of the crappy economy, the prices for a new home are looking better than they have in a long time! We're hoping to find something nice and comfortable to live in for the next few years. We are currently living in an apartment here in Kansas City, MO. Our lease is up at the end of June so this is just a temporary dwelling for now. Stupid me-- I chose the apartment on the third floor because it had vaulted ceilings and a cute little fireplace in the corner of the living room....... hmmmm... guess I didn't think about hauling a baby, diaper bag, purse, and bags of groceries up three flights of stairs! Yeah- not really digging on the third floor apartment! I guess you live and learn- right (why do I feel like I'm learning a whole lot more than living?)haha
As far as my thoughts on Missouri, I have been pleasantly surprised. In my nightmares before I came out here, I pictured miles of flat corn fields, dirt roads, and twisters off in the distance. However, my first impression actually ended up being- wow, this place is really pretty. There are rolling hills everywhere, lots of country, accompanied with cute little suburban neighborhoods here and there. We are living in the Northern part of Kansas City (North of the river)where everything is relatively new in the last 15-20 years. So the city feels very fresh and clean and safe. The people that we have met so far are good, conservative, family values type people. We have made a couple great friends already. We even got invited to Easter dinner at some friends house (Thanks Lacey and Sam). It really feels like it's where we are supposed to be for now.
I'll continue to keep everyone posted on our adventures in Kansas City.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Amber-
I am so glad things are going so well. As for me, Im back at work, but it is going pretty good.
Keep in touch. Take care-
Megan
ps- i still need your address

Emily Harkness said...

Thanks for the update! Hope you continue to have a great time there! Good luck with the house-hunting.

mommy princess said...

Yay on selling the house. And Happy Birthday Carmyn. What a little cutie. You have to e-mail me pics of your house when you get it. And pictures of some pretty landscapes out there. I'd like to see what it looks like.
Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for selling your house! I am glad you guys are enjoying life! How is it being a stay at home mom? :) Lucky you! Good luck guys! Keep us updated!