Thursday, April 23, 2009

My crafty new friends!

I've been lucky enough to make some great new friends since we've moved out to K.C.. This is Lacey in the picture with me and Tiffany is taking our picture. Wednesday night we went over to Tiffany's house for a girls night to make jewelry. Now this isn't just stringing beads on a wire- these girls are hard core! Lacey is even featured in magazines for her jewelry making skills! So being the virgin jewelry maker that I am- it was great to get some hands on lessons from these two pros. My pitiful jewelry collection is in much need of this new skill........... Thanks girls, can't wait for next week!


Here are two of the necklaces that I made.
Not too bad for my first attempt!

5 comments:

Heather K said...

How cute! Good for you to be crafty. Do they sell them?

mommy princess said...

Oh the memories of AP art! You certainly have the art eye to be crafty. I love the necklaces you made. I think your problem is just sitting down for half a second to do anything. Post your friends website for us out here in Utah.
Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Glad to see you already found some fun friends!! P.S I am pretty sure Carmen kept calling Adam yesterday haha!

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! I've been wanting to dabble with jewelry lately, too. You'll have to post some detailed techniques someday so we can play together virtually, LOL!

Love the leaf pieces.

Tiffany said...

You are a jewelry natural! I am excited for all our future projects too. I'm sure the girls will love the crafty play dates. :)