I had an early birthday party for Carmyn last saturday with our families because we weren't going to be in Utah on her real b-day (this Friday). I thought it would be fun to try to copy mine and Chad's first b-day parties. Since Carmyn is a girl, she got my first party theme- The Pink Elephant Party-and because she loves her stuffed elephant that my friend Rachel made for her :) Chad's first birthday cake was an applesauce cake- so I made that for the guests to eat to keep the tradition alive! Carmyn loved being the center of attention the whole night. She dove into her cake and was bound and determined to eat the whole thing. Being the concerned mother that I am, I took it away half way through and she wasn't very happy about it ! She got some really fun gifts from her grandparents, and she was really happy to have her friend Lily there to help her open them ( and to share her cake with ). Thanks family and friends for coming to Carmyn's party- it was a fun memorable occasion! Chad and I are going to have our own little party for her this friday- cake, ice cream, and her very first build-a-bear! We can't wait!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
PiNk elEpHAnt pArtY!
I had an early birthday party for Carmyn last saturday with our families because we weren't going to be in Utah on her real b-day (this Friday). I thought it would be fun to try to copy mine and Chad's first b-day parties. Since Carmyn is a girl, she got my first party theme- The Pink Elephant Party-and because she loves her stuffed elephant that my friend Rachel made for her :) Chad's first birthday cake was an applesauce cake- so I made that for the guests to eat to keep the tradition alive! Carmyn loved being the center of attention the whole night. She dove into her cake and was bound and determined to eat the whole thing. Being the concerned mother that I am, I took it away half way through and she wasn't very happy about it ! She got some really fun gifts from her grandparents, and she was really happy to have her friend Lily there to help her open them ( and to share her cake with ). Thanks family and friends for coming to Carmyn's party- it was a fun memorable occasion! Chad and I are going to have our own little party for her this friday- cake, ice cream, and her very first build-a-bear! We can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you did a fabulous job of carrying on some family traditions and starting new ones of your own. The decorations are awesome and the cake looks downright tasty.
Happy birthday, Carmyn!
Post a Comment