Unfortunately, I had to make the weekend a little difficult. On friday (the day before we moved), I had to go on bedrest because I couldn't stop having contractions. This pregnancy has definitely been a lot harder for me than my first, I have been taking it really easy because we found out at my 20 week ultrasound that I have a "short" cervix which puts me at a higher risk for pre-term labor. So after finding out that I needed to be on bedrest, my good friends Lacey and Tiffany took custody of Carmyn for the weekend while I tried my hardest to lay down and drink alot of water. A couple hours after we were all moved in (aka piles of boxes all over the house) I told Chad it was time to go to the hospital because my contractions were getting worse instead of better.
Friday, April 2, 2010
Moving day and a not so fun hospital stay
The good news is we moved into our new house last weekend! We had so much help from the men in the ward that we were moved out of our apartment in 1 hour and into our house in 30 min! Amazing! What a blessing to have so much help! I LOVE the house and the neighborhood so much- I am so excited to be here!
Unfortunately, I had to make the weekend a little difficult. On friday (the day before we moved), I had to go on bedrest because I couldn't stop having contractions. This pregnancy has definitely been a lot harder for me than my first, I have been taking it really easy because we found out at my 20 week ultrasound that I have a "short" cervix which puts me at a higher risk for pre-term labor. So after finding out that I needed to be on bedrest, my good friends Lacey and Tiffany took custody of Carmyn for the weekend while I tried my hardest to lay down and drink alot of water. A couple hours after we were all moved in (aka piles of boxes all over the house) I told Chad it was time to go to the hospital because my contractions were getting worse instead of better.
After finding out that I was already dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced at 30 weeks they weren't going to let me go home. My contractions slowed down a lot once I got there and got well hydrated and rested. I stayed for a couple days to get steroid injections for the baby's lungs to prepare for her to come early. Now I'm at home on BEDREST for the next 8 weeks or until she comes. Aaahhhhhhh! Do you realize that bedrest is also known as complete torture! I didn't have one box unpacked and how was I supposed to take care if this little wild woman!
That is when my wonderful mother came to my rescue! She literally dropped everything going on in her life and got on the next flight to Kansas City to help me out. Since Monday, she has been busily taking care of Carmyn and unpacking my whole house! Chad and I seriously don't know what we would have done without her! What an angel! Carmyn is absolutely loving all her Grandma time and doesn't even realize that mommy just hangs out on the couch all day.
We don't have all the details worked out yet on how long my mom is going to stay to help. We are just praying that this little baby stays in long enough to be strong and healthy. I'm doing my best to make sure that happens- as hard as it is to just sit around and ask for other people to do things for me. My mom is probably the one and only person that can actually make me sit while she takes care of everything- I'm so glad she is here! My little buddy is enjoying all of our reading and TV time together though :)
P.S. I need some good book suggestions!
Unfortunately, I had to make the weekend a little difficult. On friday (the day before we moved), I had to go on bedrest because I couldn't stop having contractions. This pregnancy has definitely been a lot harder for me than my first, I have been taking it really easy because we found out at my 20 week ultrasound that I have a "short" cervix which puts me at a higher risk for pre-term labor. So after finding out that I needed to be on bedrest, my good friends Lacey and Tiffany took custody of Carmyn for the weekend while I tried my hardest to lay down and drink alot of water. A couple hours after we were all moved in (aka piles of boxes all over the house) I told Chad it was time to go to the hospital because my contractions were getting worse instead of better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Hey Amber, it's Heidi Curtis from high school. I'm sorry you're on bedrest! I've had to be on it with both of my pregnancies at 30 weeks and it sucks! I'm glad you have your mom there to help out. You should get on goodreads for a bunch of book suggestions. Or some good ones are written by Shannon Hale. Good luck!
Hi Buelar! I'm sorry you're on bedrest! I'm sure it is pure torture, especially since you just moved and want to get settled in! I'm glad your Mom's taking care of you. Good luck with the next few weeks. A couple good books I have read are: My Sister's Keeper, and The Glass Castle. Take care!
AAAGGGGHHHH! Yes, bed rest = torture! So sorry to hear the news, but so glad your good mom came out! I have learned that moms can get so much done in so little time and I think my mom did a better job of unpacking my house than I ever could have done. Hang in there Amber, I will call to check on you.
As far as books go:
The Huger Games (series - two books), The Poisonwood Bible, My Sisters Keeper, The Time Travelers Wife, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, The Glass Castle, Tall Grass. These are a few books I can think of that Ive read over the last few years.
Love you!
Oh funny, Leslie said some of the same books...sorry, should haver read her post first.
Well you know I don't read so no help there. I personally would like a good stack of people magazine! Hahah. I'm jealous you guys are in capris our weather here is not so good! Wish I was there to help!
Oh no bed rest! I've been wondering how things went with moving. It's great to have so much help. When I was pregnant with Kaylee I was SO sick, I didn't pack/load a single thing when we moved into our house. I'll I had to do was just drive one of the cars to the house. It sucked! I hope that little thing stays in there a few more weeks!!!
How wonderful to have your sweet mom there! Tell her hi. Wish I could be there to help too.
Book reads....Not sure if you're into LDS nonfiction. I do love all of Anita Stansfield's books.
Sorry for my novel. Keep your bum on the couch! :)
Amber,
I feel so bad for you, that has to be so hard to stay down all the time. Funny your mom was on my mom's same flight. I hope you are doing ok, and glad that your mom is out there. I would be happy to come if you guys need anything. I will keep you all in my prayer, so that little one will come out strong and healthy. For books I just read Nicholas Sparks Last Song really good book, and movie that just came out. Any of his books are good. Keep in touch and let me know if I need to come out there, I am serious I would in a heart beat!
Bedrest? Good luck with that. It's no fun, especially with a little one running around. I'm so glad you have help. The worst part was those steroid shots. Made getting comfy on bedrest a pain in the, well...you know. *grin*
Book recommendations? Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins and The Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare. Start with CITY OF BONES. I also loved THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY. It's wonderful.
oh man Amber that is aweful...sorry to hear that you are having a hard pregnancy. I wish I could help you. Well anyways, I hope everything goes well for you. I will keep you in my prayers. Love ya
Wow, Amber I'm so sorry! I need to bring you a few of my favorite books, and I'd love to take the little tike anytime. I'll call you. I've been wanting to come see where you live anyway. (I'm back in KC as you can probably guess).
I'm sorry to hear about bedrest! I pray everything will work out for the best! I love the "Children of the promise" series. Good Luck!
Hey Amber!!! I am sooooo sorry to hear that you're on bedrest! Especially because of the timing!! I wish I could be more of a help, but I'm soooo glad your mom is here and that she is so amazing. I'm sure that makes it a little easier to have someone to preoccupy Carmyn while you get some rest. As far as book ideas: I agree with the others that Hunger Games is really good!! I'm reading the Lightning Thief right now and it's pretty good too... I'm definately going to give you a call and check up on you! Take care!
Post a Comment