Paige is one week old and ready to come home! She has a fiesty little personality and has been such a trooper through this rough week.
It is common for premie babies to have high bilirubin levels.
In a couple of days she got her IV out and her NG tube out. She no longer needed the tanning lights and she was starting to feel free again!
Now Chad gets to give her a bottle every other feeding and as you can see she is very happy about that!
I asked Miss Paige how she felt about her busy week in the NICU and she showed me her true feelings.
I don't blame you sweetheart!
As for me- I have been "boarding" in a hospital room for the past week. Not that cool! However, the rooms here at Liberty Hospital are really nice and the shower is amazing! Seriously! it has like 8 nozzles that spray you in different directions and I really feel like I'm at a spa!- Ok not really- but it sure helps the whole situation!
So if all goes as planned we are heading home tomorrow!
I can't wait to get my little girl home and hold her and love her like she deserves to be loved! She is such a little miracle and Chad and I can't stop counting our blessings. I know that trials come to everyone in different ways at different times, and they are given to us to help us grow and learn. We sure didn't plan on this when we decided to have another baby, but I know that we have grown so much from it. We realize how much we love and appreciate our families. Nothing can replace that love. I'm so happy that Chad and I have an eternal family! We love our girls so much!
7 comments:
I can't get enough of that hair. She is beautiful! I hope you guys get to go home tomorrow!
Wow, I can't imagine having to spend a week in the hospital! That would be so hard! I would just want to take her home and enjoy her...but of course it is for the best. How are you holding up? I hope you are feeling/healing well. I love the pics...the one where she is smiling looks a bit like Carmyn to me!
I'm so glad to see more pictures! She is SOOOO cute! I see a little Chad in her, maybe it's the dark hair and callick in the front. :) I'm glad she is doing well and hope you come home soon!
She is so adorable! What a trooper. Good luck when you get home.
Wow, what busy week for her and you. So glad to hear she is doing so well. She is gorgous. Keep up the good work mom.
Sweet!!!!...Your little one has the same b-day as me.:) Congrats girly, she is so beautiful!I am so glad that everything turned ok. Hope your doing well and that you are enjoying every minute with your precious little Paige. Love ya!
She's sooo tiny. I love the pic with Chads hand! Glad she's doing well. "THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME" huh!
Post a Comment