Saturday, June 19, 2010

2 months old!

Paige is 2 months old and starting to get rolls on top of her rolls!

She had her 2 month check up yesterday:
9lbs 6oz
21 1/2 inches

Yes my little preemie is growing quite well!

She is starting to be very alert and she lifts her head up well but we are still waiting for a smile and some cooing. Since she is technically only supposed to be 2 weeks old I'm trying to be patient with her development. Our pediatrician said I probably would have had a 9 lb baby if I had gone full term- YIKES!

She is such a sweetie but the darn little girl has her nights and days soooo mixed up and she is not wanting to switch them around either! I'm not gunna lie- I'm EXHAUSTED! I haven't had a full night sleep for 2 months! She eats every 3 hours then wants to be held for another hour-Just at night though- During the day she is fine if I put her down.
Little stinker!

Chad is suffering from the all nighters too
(Yes I've tried all the tricks like swaddling/night time baths/keeping her awake during the day/etc... She's just a night owl! Its ok though- we'll forgive her someday :))



We loved having Grandma JulieAnna spend the past two weeks with us! My girls definitely get spoiled by their grandparents! They love it!
Chad's mom is the best cook! I gain 5 lbs every time I'm around her! YUM- its worth it!

Carmyn is working on potty training at the moment- sigh!
She refuses to wear a diaper- or any clothes for that matter.
We bought her a stool so she could reach the potty but she found the brownies on the counter instead!

This little girl gets into everything! And she insists on doing everything herself! All day long she yells- "I do it, I do it!" Gotta love a 2 year old.

Someone asked me the other day what stage I thought was harder- a newborn or a two year old?
I said I couldn't decide- but having both is definitely the hardest stage of my life :)

I wouldn't give it up for anything!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- Paige has grown so much since I last saw her! I love her little baby rolls. I remember that stage you're in with a newborn and 2 year old and you're right... it IS hard. But it will pass and you will love having two girls that close. I miss you! We need to get together!! You're house looks so cute. I can't wait to see it in person!

Meg said...

Seriously Amber, you should get award for doing it all! My gosh! Paige is a cutie. I love the fish face - Maria ALWAYS did that. I thought she would never stop, but she did and now Paige is reminding me of it! Ha!
Looks like you have been all over and had visitors. Good for you. I hope you are doing well. I need to call!

Tiffany said...

I LOVE that picture of Carmyn, so hilarious! Ryan and I laughed out loud. :) Looking forward to sprinklers this week!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Amber... I just caught up on your blog and your baby is so dang cute! I know you probably are still in hiding, but I want to get together soon. I think Carmyn and Avery are at a good age to play now! I will call you soon!!!