Friday, February 6, 2009

My new favorite Mexican Food



For as long as I can remember, my Grandpa has been telling me about the best mexican restaraunt ever called the Red Iguana! My mom would just laugh every time and say -that place is such a Dive! So Chad and I decided to go to dinner last night with some of his work associates that aren't from Utah. They suggested mexican food so Chad said- oh I've heard of this place called the Red Iguana that is supposed to be great. So we gave it a go. First off- its located on the west side of the freeway in Salt Lake (kinda scary), then you pull up and it really is just a Dive (old yellow building with stickers all over the front of it), but the first thing that catches your attention is the crowd of people waiting outside to get in! It was crazy! Yes we waited an hour on a Thursday night at 5:30 to get into this place. While we were waiting for a table we continued to testimonials from everyone out there of how amazing the food is. And now I can say that I am converted! They have this slow roasted pork dish that you make into your own burrito that is to die for! I highly suggest this place if you love mexican food!


4 comments:

Tonya said...

That place is awesome! Never doubt my dad or grandpa they always no of the best mexican resturants. I am glad you liked it!!!!

Anonymous said...

YUM! That sound so good. I love mexican food its one of my favorites. How are things going with moving?

Heather K said...

Sounds yummy! We'll have to check it out. You up for a double, if you have time? I hope you're not super stressed right now! Let me know if you need anything. I'd love to see ya.

Natalie said...

Where is that place at? I can't believe you guys are moving! Your mom is probably dying! We flew into Kansas city to go to Nauvoo and independence! Congrats!