My next sewing project- Pillows............ scary huh
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
sewing 101
I Don't really sew. My husband actually sews much better than I do. He's made quilts out of his old jeans, and he even used to make me scrub pants for work. I've made some sweat pants that I couldn't get my feet through, and a tank top that I couldn't get my head through. After much ridicule and laughter from my family - I gave up sewing. Last Christmas I got brave again and decided to try making heated rice bags for family and friends- this time they turned out! I know that was like the easiest thing I could have made- but I was still proud. So when I found this cute idea to make a pillowcase dress for Carmyn I was a little nervous. My friends Tiffany said that she would try it with me so I decided it was a go. We found this adorable fabric at a cute craft store here in Kansas City (Urban arts and Crafts). I made a couple mistakes, and had to unpick a couple of times, but all in all I think it turned out pretty cute. I liked it so much I made another one for Carmyns Friend Lily- for her birthday-(I'm sorry if yours falls apart Lily).
My next sewing project- Pillows............ scary huh
My next sewing project- Pillows............ scary huh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good Job! Will you send me the pattern/instructions. I want to make on too! So cute.
Meg
That dress is so cute! It looks like you are getting so crafty when you are not on your new boat. Have fun.
Ok, I have to make matching ones for Sophie and the new baby!! How do I get my hands on those instructions! I love, love, love the material you chose. I'm glad to see you survived from your last post. Humidity sucks. Then again it's better for your skin. In 20 years you're going to look great and I'm going to be a wrinkled up raisin from all my desert living.
I think about you all the time, thank goodness for blogs!
Oh my gosh, it is adorable! Good job Amber :) Curt is a better sewer than me too. Oh well. We just keep learning more and more things right :)
She is so cute, she would a regular pillow case look good. Its fun to keep up to date with you.
Post a Comment