Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Bitter Sweet find, and some pictures.

Well just when I was accepting the fact that my camera was lost forever, Carmyn found it. I have these little decorative drawers in my dining room table that I never open because they are too small to put anything into- well Carmyn was working hard to open one of the drawers last night, she looked like she had a purpose so I helped her out, and sure enough she had stuffed my camera in there! It's a bitter sweet find- I really was looking forward to getting a nice new camera- now I have no good excuse. Dang!



I took some pictures of Carmyn trying to figure out her new potty, here's the results:


Multi tasking- like a true woman




Making sure the toilet paper stays down! Poor baby!
Then she found a new use for the toilet paper
Like I said before- We're not pulling the diaper down to do the real deed until she gets a little better understanding of the potty!



Here are last months projects:

I found this dresser next to the dumpster- it was white and crusty looking with no nobs- I told Chad it was perfect for Carmyns room! Proud of my cheapness- he helped me take it home. I cleaned and sanded it, painted a little antique gold in the cracks, then painted it a cute sage green. I found some sparkly nobs (still need to patch the holes from the old handles) and walla! $10 for paint and nobs- not too bad!


This is a picture of the mural I painted in Carmyns room

sorry the picture is kinda fuzzy (I bet if I had that new camera it wouldn't be!)


6 comments:

The Wangsgard's said...

I can't believe you painted that! You are very talented. Do you usually paint? Her room is very cute.

Emily Harkness said...

Wow, the painting looks beautiful!!! Love her room. You are so talented!

Heather K said...

I love all the toilet pictures. She's so funny!
You're mural is awesome. Her room is darling. I love the dresser too. :)

Meg said...

You have raised the bar. Ben says you are a dang gum Van Gough. Nice work. I love the pic of Carmyn shoving everything in the toilet with her foot...funny.

Tiffany said...

Quick! Throw the found camera away...no one will ever know. I love your mural, you did such a good job.

Anonymous said...

Kay, that mural is amazing. You are one talented lady. Please come over and maybe a little of your creativity will rub off on me!!