Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The girls rooms

We had a lot going on when we moved into our house so it has taken me awhile to get to my decorating. The girls rooms aren't totally finished - but lets face it -they probably never will be!


This is Paige's room.
She got a lot of Carmyn's old nursery stuff because I 'm cheap like that.So I saw this cute "baby" sign that is made of twigs at a baby boutique here in KC. I asked how much $ it was and the lady told me $40 a letter- WHAT! For twigs! Ya right. That's a boutique for ya. So I went home and told Chad to go cut me some twigs off a tree. It took me a half hour and some wire and I had the same sign for free!I saw a curtain just like this at the same boutique for $70. Yikes! I got this curtain from Ikea for $4.99 and spent a few dollars on the ribbon and -Walla!





This is Carmyn's new big girl bed that she hasn't slept in yet. It's too tempting to get out of bed, so she never goes to sleep! That's just way too much freedom! We do have a door nob lock on the inside of her room so she can't get out ( is that cruel?). But that doesn't stop her from playing with all of her toys instead of sleeping.

The bed and bed spread are my fabulous craigslist finds- because like I said- I'm cheap. The bed quilt was only $10! I painted the wall and the tree and used some cute Amy Butler fabric to recover some old pillows for her bed. I'm still looking for a new dresser but I haven't found the right one yet.T

5 comments:

curtandheather said...

Adorable rooms. I think in the picture below with paige....I have the same shoes and shorts :) ha ha. Great gals think a like.

Tiffany said...

The tree turned out SO cute! I want to come see it in person. The blue really changed the room, it looks awesome! Good job!

Emily Harkness said...

Cute, Cute!
I especially love the tree!

McAtee Family said...

Not cruel - we used the door lock on both of our girls and I am sure I will pull it out again for Ella.

LOVE the tree - you did an awesome job. At first glance I thought it was a vinyl tree!

mommy princess said...

You should have gone into interior design. You could have your onw Chic for Cheep show or something. I love the bed spread.
AWESOME deal!